Nuffnang

Friday 2 November 2012

Movie: Frankenweenie Contest - What lengths will I go to keep my favourite pet by my side forever?

Okay, for those people who know me earlier, they would know that I used to have a pet dog named 'Ah Boy!' Seriously every time I have to keep repeating myself why my pet dog was called 'Ah Boy' so.... let me tell you why...
This was when he was like 9ish years old~
 

When I was about 9ish years old, I still remember that my mum's friend brought 2 puppies to the shop. My mum used to owned a video library shop at one of the shop-house at UBK. So the 2 puppies ran around so happily and playing with card boards, 1 of them is a female Maltese and the other is a male West highland Terrier. Then, the auntie asked me if I like dogs, I immediately says 'YAH' and I nod my head super vigorously lah can. So you know those adult giggles and stuff like that and what i know later was the auntie asked me to choose 1 of the puppies and i straight away choose the male one.

 Okay! Please don't ask me why okay? I seriously don't know why at the first impression, I was already kinda attracted to the male puppy. And next thing is...... HE BECAME MINE!!!! Muahahha~... The auntie just tell me 'Okay! Girl ah, Since you like him so much and your birthday coming liao hor, auntie give you this puppy want anot?' ... Like seriously?! just give like that?? Okay that time I wasn't thinking so far, and I only know how to nod my freaking head so yeah... He was given to me  as an advanced 10years old Birthday.

So the next thing was the name of the puppy right? I actually gave like few names to my mum and dad and they were jokingly saying that why I'm using names in those fairy tales e.g. baby bear, Goldilocks..... haha* and so happened [period], he was chewing on card boards and my dad just walk to him and said 'BOY AH, Naughty Boy ah!'. We were all surprised that he listens, stop chewing on the card boards and 'reverse' and sit, while giving us those oh-so-innocent-puppy eyes~ So, that's when we named him 'Ah Boy~!'

He's sucha sweet little boy that I always look forward every time I go home from school.
He will wriggle his tail so hard that I thought its gonna break and he'll lick my cheek, climbing up to me and give me hugs and wet salivas.... haha!* 

He's like my little brother that protects me every time i bring him out for walk. He will bark at weird people but afraid of cats =_=''' . He loves durians, cakes, papaya, chicken rice, char siew rice and etc. i know is super unhealthy for him and he's so fussy with his food.

A Family Portrait on my brother's wedding day!
Ah Boy was around 16ish years old that time. :(

Ah Boy getting older but still remains so dearie to us.
 

The last few pictures of him when he became so sick and old and so weak. T_T
 

He's so 'tam jiak' till his tummy bloated! And no, we don't overfeed him. This was taken when no ones at home, he manage to open the new pack of dog food and gobbles I-don't-know-how-much-gram up! 
 

He became even weaker after months pass, poo-ing and pee-ing on the exact spot he lie, can't see a thing, ear's couldn't hear, legs become weak and can't walk or even stand. when I tried to carry him to 'sayang' him, he will become so defensive and thought I was a bad guy but he couldn't even bark. I cried every time I see him like this. Why must become old?? Why must be sick? 

On 19 October 2010 morning, my parents drove Ah boy all the way to the vet, where he often goes for check up, when my parents found him lying flat on the floor at home and they kept trying to carry him and he just can't move. The vet was saying that Ah boy's time was up, he's of old age and he's feeling very weak. The next thing I know was a call from my parents (at  that time I was working still), my mum was crying really bad and said that Ah boy left us. 

Up to now, I still miss him! I'm even tearing when I'm typing this blog post because it reminds me of him. I love him dearly

 So when I know about this movie, I knew I have to share it with you all. 
I always believe in after-life (it's nothing about religions yah, just my opinion), and every time I pray to my ancestors, I always hope my 'grandma' will find Ah boy and have him by her side so both of them won't feel lonely. 

So what movie I'm talking about?

 Do you remember movies from Tim Burton such as Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas?

Beetlejuice!!

 

Edward Scissorhands
*I can watch this over and over and over and..........over again!!!* 
 
 
 

I love this scene... So nice right? It's so magical!!
 

 The Nightmare Before Christmas!
 

 
 So lovey dovey~~ Aw...
 

 
 *
*
*
 And Guess what~!
HE IS BACK, alive and kicking in his latest 3D masterpiece 
FRANKENWEENIE!










Who else but Burton could get away with a movie shot entirely in black and white wherein a boy goes to a cemetery at night to dig up a dead pet and then bring it back to live? And it’s a stop-motion labour of love shot over two years? The movie uses 200 puppets and NO computer animation (aside from the special effects). Now, that is a MUST WATCH for any stop motion film enthusiasts.

Watch how a young boy revives his beloved pet dog back to life, setting off a series of monstrous experiments with hilariously catastrophic adventures!


Check out their trailer!
I'm so gonna love this movie! 

Frankenweenie - Trailer 1 

Frankenweenie - Bigger Problem

Frankenweenie - Trailer 2


 Movie Synopsis

From creative genius Tim Burton ("Alice in Wonderland," The Nightmare Before Christmas") comes "Frankenweenie," a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments.

He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor's fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous.

A stop-motion animated film, "Frankenweenie" will be filmed in black and white and rendered in 3D.

The talented voice cast includes: Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron, Conchata Ferrell and Winona Ryder.

Presented by Disney, "Frankenweenie" is directed by Tim Burton, produced by Tim Burton and Allison Abbate, from a screenplay by John August, based on an original idea by Tim Burton.

Official Release Date: 15 November 2012

Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/disneystudiosSG

Official YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/disneystudiosSG

Official Twitter Account: http://www.twitter.com/disneystudiosSG


*
*
*


Here's some movie grabs for all of you!

The oh-so-cute SPARKY!!

  
Victor and Sparky <3

OMG! So cute and adorable right!? Awwww... Come! I give you food!

 This is how Ah boy would jump on me for a hug too! I miss him~! :(


Well,  if you are going to ask me to what length will I go to keep my favourite pet by my side forever, I would say if there's a miracle I sure will hope that my pet will be forever young, active, happy, and never sick! To the extend, I ever asked my parents to keep the ashes of Ah boy and put his cute photo on the pet's urn but my parents don't allow. :( If I'm not staying with my parents, I think I will have done that.


 Well, so much for sharing with you about my favorite pet and of course, about this awesome movie,



 "Catch Disney’s FRANKENWEENIE in cinemas this 15 November 2012 and like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow the @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!”




No comments:

Post a Comment